- Full time Assistant Centre Director and Educational Leader Role
- Box Hill Location
- Professional development opportunities, referral rewards & discounts for staff
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Centre Director and Educational Leader to work within Watts Street Children's Centre. Join a centre of excellence that promotes connected relationship between all children, families and educators. This is a dynamic leadership opportunity where you will inspire and drive the educational program and practices through mentoring and providing professional development to Educators. To succeed in this role you will be required to demonstrate your working knowledge of the EYLF, NQS and Regulatory requirements.
Working closely with the Centre Director you will support a fun and enjoyable workplace! The role will be a combination of Education Leader & Assistant Centre Director responsibilities with an expectation to cover in the rooms as required as well as administration support. You will be provided dedicated time off the floor to perform Educational Leader and Assistant Centre Director responsibilities. ECMS is an organisation that is committed to supporting your professional growth. We expect high standards and provide ongoing training and career development opportunities in pedagogy, business and staff management to support you.
As Assistant Centre Director and Educational Leader you will:
- Partner with the Centre Director to build strong collaborative relationships with parents, families, Educators and the local community to provide an inclusive and enriching play-based learning program for children
- Lead development of the curriculum and the establishment of clear goals and objectives for teaching and learning and encourage reflective practice to provide effective learning experiences
- Lead and support a team of Educators by providing constructive feedback and coaching to improve operational practice, programs and values-driven behaviour
- Effective communication skills including the ability to deliver critical information to a diverse audience including those with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards
- Be a motivated and driven leader who will inspire a positive learning culture
- Be supported by the Centre Director and Area Manager with the day-to-day operations and by Child Safety Compliance Advisors
- Be working full-time 38 hours per week, plus an additional 2 hours to allow for a monthly RDO, working a rotating roster between 7:00am and 6:15pm.
To be considered you will have:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification. A Bachelor degree in Early Childhood or equivalent would be desirable.
- Multilingual skills highly regarded
- Experience leading a large team and ability to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing high quality and inclusive programs for children
- Current Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
Benefits of joining our team:
- Exciting professional development opportunities including an annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days, leadership meetings, individual performance reviews and development plans
- Participation in our generous Service Recognition program, which acknowledges important service milestones for full-time and part-time employees
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Career progression opportunities across our network of centres
- Earn $500 through our Employee Referral program when you refer a successful applicant
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Joining an organisation that promotes health and wellbeing initiatives, including annual flu vaccination and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Funded First Aid (004) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm. Our purpose is to make every day count by providing high quality play based learning in a safe and inclusive environment – ensuring that children and families in our community thrive in life.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now!?
Category: Childcare - Assistant Director
Date posted :