- Join a not-for-profit organisation committed to professional development
- Join a team of dedicated and passionate Educators!
- Build on your practice by joining this exceeding rated service!
ECMS’ vision is for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success. ECMS has been operating for over 22 years and is one of Victoria’s largest Early Years Managers – through 63 kindergartens and child care centres, ECMS impacts the lives of 6500 Melbourne children each week.
A rare opportunity for a Diploma Room Leader position has opened at Mossfiel Children’s Centre. This Exceeding rated Centre has been providing quality education and care for children and families in the Wyndham Community for many years. The successful applicant will need to have a lot of passion, motivation and be a strong relationship builder.
We pride ourselves on our connections within our team, our children and families and community. Mossfiel is a small, homely centre where teamwork is essential in creating high quality learning opportunities for the children who attend. We are looking for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children, families and the wider community.
This is a full-time position working 38 hours a week, plus an additional two hours to work towards a monthly RDO.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for developing a high-quality educational program for children in consultation with the parents and educators, driven by their interests, in order to meet their individual developmental needs
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with children, families and the local community and partner with them, encouraging their involvement in the program through effective communication
- Be a motivated and driven Educator, who will lead and guide a team of educators in implementing quality play-based learning experiences for children, documenting and extending on children's learning
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
Essential criteria for a Diploma Room Leader:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Experience as a Room Leader with a wealth of knowledge in the early years sector
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standard
- Current Working with Children's Check and National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting professional development opportunities including professional development days
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (004) and CRP (001) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
If you are a quality Educator, click the apply button now! Within your cover letter let us know why you applied.
Category: Childcare - Room Leader
Date posted :