- Join a non-for-profit organisation committed to impacting the lives of children
- Work within a supportive and passionate People Team
- Flexible working arrangements available
ECMS’ vision is for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success. ECMS exists to make every day count by providing high-quality, play-based learning in a safe and inclusive environment.
We are on the hunt for a critical member of our People Team! As a passionate Relief Management Lead you will help drive our casual workforce to build further success within our Kindergarten and Early Learning and Care Centres. In this full time, ongoing position you will serve much more than just workforce planning - you will build on the employee experience, maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide a candidate pipeline for permanent roles within our organisation. This role is perfect for someone who is a systems thinker, problem solver, relationship builder and has a mindset for learning!
What will you do?
- Source casual talent, working alongside the Recruitment Team. Build a pipeline for high quality, engaged and culturally aligned staff. Consider creative solutions to bring talent to ECMS
- Ensure oversight and effective placement of casual staff into vacant shifts. Continue to develop induction programs with service managers
- Be available during reasonable operating hours as a point of advice and escalation for relief enquiries and issues
- Maintain accurate and accessible data set for all ECMS casual staff, working alongside other teams
- Develop internal and external stakeholder relationships, including agency relief partners and manage the associated commercial contracts
- Lead the ongoing use and effectiveness of our casual management system
- Work with service managers to develop conditions and expectations to maximize learning and development for our casual staff
More about you
- A self-starter who can proactively manage a high-volume workload with limited supervision, and leveraging others for support as needed
- Customer centric, practical and pragmatic with an orientation to problem solving
- Strong IT skills, including ability to use excel and CRM/roster system (ShiftMatch), report to stakeholders and maximise system capability for operational efficiencies
- Experience in the Early Years sector, including understanding both ELCs, sessional kindergarten and the respective awards that underpin employment in Early Years
- At least 5 years relevant experience, with at least 1 year of experience working in a management or administration role (even if part of a substantive role)
What’s in it for you?
- A stretching yet supportive work environment. Opportunity to work in a highly flexible and outcome-focused organisation
- Opportunity to accelerate your career due to high level of responsibility and opportunities supplemented by a wide variety of online personal development courses, access to ECMS conference and professional development days and exposure to all levels of leadership
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
For more information, please contact Stephanie on 0438 712 567. Applications close Sunday 24th October 2021.
Category: Management & Support - People & Culture
Date posted :