- Join a not-for-profit organisation committed to professional development
- Join a team of nurturing & caring Educators, committed to a quality play-based learning program
- Commitment to the educational development of children
Join us and our vision – for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success.
At ECMS, we have been providing high quality and inclusive early learning and care for Melbourne children, families and communities for more than 22 years. Our 65 kindergartens and childcare centres now touch the lives of 6500 children across Melbourne each week.
Hurstbridge Children's Centre is a lovely, welcoming childcare centre housed within Hurstbridge's new state-of-the-art community centre. We deliver high quality and inclusive early education and care for children aged three months to five years.
This is a full time position working 38 hours a week plus an additional 2 hours to allow for a monthly RDO, between the hours of 7:30 and 6:30pm on a rotating roster.
As a Room Leader you will:
- Be responsible for developing a high-quality educational program for children aged 0-6 in consultation with the parents and educators, driven by their interests, in order to meet their individual developmental needs
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with children, families and the local community and partner with them, encouraging their involvement in the program through effective communication
- Be a motivated and driven Educator, who will lead and guide a team of educators in implementing quality play-based learning experiences for children, documenting and extending on children's learning
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standard
To be considered you will have:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Experience working in a long day care centre
- Current Working with Children's Check and National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
Benefits of joining our team:
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days, leadership meetings, individual performance reviews and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Earn $500 through our Employee Referral program when you refer a successful applicant
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (004) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm. Our purpose is to make every day count by providing high quality play based learning in a safe and inclusive environment – ensuring that children and families in our community thrive in life.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now!
Category: Childcare - Room Leader
Date posted :