- Exciting language support role available at Tarneit Central Kindergarten for an ECT
- Do you speak French or Punjabi to a native/near-native standard?
- Are you excited to support Kinder teams to embed language in their program?
ECMS is excited to be a part of the Victorian Government's Early Childhood Language Program which is the first state-funded language program ever to be rolled out in Kindergartens. The successful candidates for this Bilingual Kindergarten program will work with the team at Tarneit Central to embed the Early Childhood Language Program into every day learning routines.
The program will be delivered for 36 hours per week - 18 hours per group. This can be split to create 2 roles. Each group comprises of 12 hours of contact and 6 hours of planning
- Orange group: Monday and Wednesday 9.30am - 3.30pm contact time. Planning time hours can be negotiated
- White Group: Tuesday and Thursday 9.30am - 3.30pm contact time. Planning time hours can be negotiated
To ensure quality outcomes, the role of Language Support Early Childhood Teacher is 'above ratio' and considered an additional resource for the service.
Some Professional Development opportunities may be afforded to the successful candidate and is anticipated to commence asap. A moderate budget has been allocated for additional age and language appropriate resources, materials and experiences to support the Early Childhood Language Program.
This is a fixed term opportunity available ASAP until 20 December 2022.
Who are we?
Join ECMS and our vision - for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success.
Tarneit Central Kindergarten is a modern, purpose-built kindergarten located alongside Tarneit P-9 College. Our team of nurturing and experienced educators deliver high quality and inclusive three and four-year-old kindergarten programs that help each child realise their potential. Our educators partner with families to develop a play-based learning program that builds on your child's interests and capabilities.
Our team highlights include:
- Exceptional kindergarten programs rated as Exceeding the National Quality Standard.
- A strong partnership with Tarneit P-9 College that helps children transition well to school.
- Access to the school's fantastic facilities - including the library and gym - to extend children's learning and connect with students.
- Engaging and flexible indoor and outdoor play spaces filled with plenty of natural resources to support learning and development.
- Resident pet chickens to teach children about children responsibility, empathy, and compassion.
- Children participate in fun and educational, cultural events such as Harmony Week celebrations and Diwali to extend their cultural understanding.
As a Language Support Early Childhood Teacher you will:
- Develop a high-quality Early Childhood Language Program in consultation with Educators, children, and families to achieve agreed outcomes for children
- Work collaboratively with Educators to implement and embed the l Early Childhood Language Program driven by children's interests, underpinned by the Early Years Learning Framework, that aims to achieve children's holistic development
- Plan for the Early Childhood Language Program in accordance with children's current knowledge, strengths, ideas, culture, abilities and interests of each child participating in the language program
- Document the delivery of the Early Childhood Language Program, children's interests and assessments of their learning and development needs
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards
- Be a motivated and driven Educator, with a critical reflection lens, who will inspire staff to critically reflect on their pedagogical practice, share ideas and identify innovative ways of achieving positive outcomes for children
- Be supported by the Centre Manager, Educational Leader and Educators within the team at Tarneit Central Kindergarten
To be considered you will have:
- A Bachelor in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Experience working as an Early Childhood Teacher and leading and coaching a team
- Current Victorian Teachers Registration
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
- Willing to undertake and successfully complete a Statement of Equivalence attesting native/near-native proficiency with the French or Punjabi language
- Tertiary qualification in language (desirable)
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now! Interviews will be conducted prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged
Category: Kindergarten - Nominated Supervisor / Lead Educator
Date posted :