- Above award wages!
- 50% off childcare fees | Hundreds of employee discounts
- Join a non-for-profit organisation committed to professional development
At ECMS we foster lifelong learning. As a result, we have been operating for over 27 years and are one of Victoria’s largest Early Years Managers – through 61 Kindergartens and Early Learning and Care Centres, ECMS impacts the lives of 5,5000 Victorian children.
Are you passionate about creating delicious and nutritious meals for young minds? We are searching for a talented and enthusiastic Center Cook to join our family at Church Street Children's Centre, to create nutritious meals for 98 children a day. We believe that every child deserves a healthy start to their day and we want you to join us at our new purpose-built facility that ensures each child feels happy, calm and ready to learn.
The successful candidate will be working a part time ongoing position from Monday to Friday, between the hours 8.00am to 3.00pm, a total of 35hrs per week.
As the Centre Cook you will:
- Work as a member of the team with the direction and support from the Centre Director to plan meals and comply with the Child Care Centre Food Safety Plan
- Plan and prepare appropriate menus and tasty, nutritious meals (within the Eat Right Start Right Program) for young children, and equivalent alternatives for children with food allergies or specific dietary requirements
- Ensure supplies are maintained and orders are correct, within budget constraints and made in a timely manner
- Have a strong work ethic, and possess a genuine passion when working with food and children
- Contribute to a child-safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
This is an incredible opportunity for an energetic and creative chef/cook who is willing to take the next step to lead a kitchen within a supportive and rewarding environment.
To be considered you will have:
- Food Safety Supervisor/Food Handling Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Cooking experience and related qualifications
- Previous experience working as a centre cook
- Willing to undergo a level 2 First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis Certificate CPR Certificate Asthma Certificate
Be willing to undergo:
- National Police Check
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Anaphylaxis Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Asthma Certificate
Benefits of joining our team:
- 50% childcare discount!
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (0012)
ECMS promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. Successful applicants are required to adhere to our child safe practices, policies can be located here.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from diverse communities and backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now! Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Category: Childcare - Educator
Date posted :