- Receive school holidays off working with VECTEA entitlements
- Professional development opportunities, referral rewards & discounts for staff
- Fantastic opportunity to join an a not-for-profit organisation
ECMS’ philosophy is simple; We foster lifelong learning. As a result, we have been operating for over 27 years and are one of Victoria’s largest Early Years Managers – through 70 kindergartens and child care centres, ECMS Educators impact the lives of 5,500 Victorian children each week. We are dedicated to consistently good learning outcomes, and being the place where the best early years people choose to be.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Early Childhood Teacher and Nominated Supervisor to join the team at Doncaster Park Kindergarten. Our small community preschool is situated in a quiet leafy area of Manningham. Our 3 groups provide a safe, secure, and stable learning environment where children will develop and grow physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
This is a dynamic leadership opportunity where you will inspire and drive the educational program and practices through mentoring and providing professional development to Educators. Leading a team of 5 you will be responsible for creating a workplace with high standards that supports the operations of staff and compliance and supports the education of children. ECMS is an organisation that is committed to supporting your professional growth.
This is a part-time position working on a Monday and Wednesday (teaching 8:00 - 4:30pm), Tuesday (planning 8:45-2:45pm), and an additional day off off the floor (your choice!) of Nominated Supervisor duties for up to 5 hours.
What will you do?
- Build strong collaborative relationships with parents, families, Educators and the local community to provide an inclusive and enriching play-based learning program for children.
- Be a pedagogical leader who can help strengthen a solid philosophy around the ECMS and Doncaster Park Kindergarten's community values and beliefs.
- Lead and support a team of Educators by providing constructive feedback and coaching to improve operational practice and values-driven behaviour.
- Be a motivated and driven leader who will inspire a positive learning culture at an established centre.
- Be supported by the Area Manager with the day-to-day operations and by Child Safety Compliance Advisors.
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis.
More about you
- A Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Experience as a leader and ability to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders.
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing high-quality and inclusive programs for children of all ages.
- Current Working with Children Check/VIT and National Police Check.
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate.
- Experience with Qikkids and Story Park will be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
- 50% childcare discount!
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (0012)
- VECTEA entitlements include paid school holidays off!
‘ECMS promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. Successful applicants are required to adhere to our child safe practices, policies can be located here.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from diverse communities and backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now!?
Category: Kindergarten - Nominated Supervisor / Lead Educator
Date posted :