- 50% childcare discount I discounts to hundreds of retailers
- Flexible working hours and work from home opportunities
- Opportunity to accelerate your career due to high level of responsibility
ECMS’ vision is for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success. ECMS exists to make every day count by providing high-quality, play-based learning in a safe and inclusive environment.
Are you looking to join a growing team and build your career in the WHS space? ECMS is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Work Health and Safety Advisor to promote a safe and healthy workplace culture by providing the required advice, education, and training to employees within our organisation. You will be a trusted WHS advisor whose role includes return to work coordination, injury prevention management and ensuring a supportive environment for injured workers. Your expert knowledge will prove to be an asset to our sector!
This position is ongoing and full-time; however, part time may be explored for the right candidate. The position boasts flexible working hours and work from home options. If you are hungry to learn, willing to roll up your sleeves and make an impact in the lives of children then this is the position for you!
What will you do?
WHS Management System
- Support the WHS Manager in coordinating the Work Health and Safety (WHS) strategy and the implementation of the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Proactively promote a healthy and safe workplace culture by providing the required support, consultation, education and training to managers and employees at ECMS.
- Identification, analysis and implementation of opportunities to improve WHS outcomes, performance and culture, specifically in the areas of; risk management, emergency preparedness and incident reporting.
- Work collaboratively with managers, Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s) and other key stakeholders to meet education/training milestones.
Workers Compensation & Return to Work
- Ensure that ECMS meets its obligations and promotes safe and healthy, supportive workplace practices that support the early intervention and return to work of injured workers.
- Administer the WorkCover function, including processing of claims, reimbursements, worker’s compensation payments processing, WorkCover premium and representing ECMS at conciliations.
- Facilitate a return to work by working with the injured worker, their representatives, the workers' manager, relevant insurers, WorkSafe and others as appropriate to achieve positive RTW outcomes.
More about you
- A satisfactory and current Working with Children’s Check and Police Check.
- Previous field experience in a WHS Advisor role and a minimum Certificate in OHS or higher.
- Experience providing advice and consultation to managers and employees in relation to workplace health and safety (specifically Risk management, Emergency preparedness and Incident & hazard reporting). Significant experience in the coordination of worker’s compensation and return to work activities.
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously where needed to achieve required outcomes within specified deadlines/time frames.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead, consult with and provide advice on WHS matters.
- Highly proficient in the use of technology; (which may include Microsoft suite of products, online injury management software.
What’s in it for you?
- 50% childcare discount!
- 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Discounts to hundreds of retail and recreational activities such as Coles, JB-Hi-Fi and Booking.com.
- A chance to work in a highly flexible and outcome-focused organisation.
- Flexible working hours and work from home opportunities.
- Opportunity to accelerate your career due to high level of responsibility and opportunities supplemented by a wide variety of online personal development courses, access to ECMS conference and professional development days and exposure to all levels of leadership.
‘ECMS promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. Successful applicants are required to adhere to our child safe practices, policies can be located here.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from diverse communities and backgrounds are encouraged.
For more information, please contact Stephanie by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click the apply button now!
Category: Management & Support - Risk and Compliance
Date posted :