- Work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Great opportunity to accelerate your career
- Fantastic opportunity to join an a not-for-profit organisation
ECMS' vision is for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success. ECMS excists to make every day count by providing high-qulaity, play-based learning in a safe and inclusive envrionment ensuring that children and families in our community thrive in life.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Centre Director to join at team at Hurstbridge Children’s Centre – a new state-of-the-art community centre. We deliver high quality, inclusive education for children aged three months to five years, including an integrated kindergarten program. The welcoming space includes a beautiful outdoor yard with dry creek beds, mud digging patches, native tree’s/shrubs and wildlife that encourages, children to roam freely in this one yard with siblings and friends.
Leading a team of 10, you will be responsible for creating a workplace with high standards that supports the operations of staff and compliance and supports the education of children. ECMS is an organisation that is committed to supporting your professional growth. We provide ongoing training and career development opportunities in pedagogy, business and staff management to support you.
This is a full-time position working 38 hours a week plus an addition 2 hour a week to allow for a monthly RDO. Flexible working arrangements are available.
What will you do?
- Build strong collaborative relationships with parents, families, Educators and the local community to provide an inclusive and enriching play-based learning program for children
- Be a pedagogical leader who can help strengthen a solid philosophy around the ECMS and Hurstbridge Children’s Centre values and beliefs
- Lead and support a team of Educators by providing constructive feedback and coaching to improve operational practice and values-driven behaviour
- Be a motivated and driven leader who will inspire a positive learning culture at an established centre
- Be supported by the Area Manager with the day-to-day operations and by Child Safety Compliance Advisors
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
Essential criteria for a Centre Director:
- A Diploma in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Experience leading a large team and ability to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing high quality and inclusive programs for children of all ages
- Current Working with Children Check/VIT and National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
- Experience with Qikkids and Story Park will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (004) and CRP (001) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now!
Category: Management & Support - Early Childhood Management
Date posted :