- Join a not-for-profit organisation committed to professional development
- Join a team of nurturing & caring Educators, committed to a quality play-based learning program
- Have school holidays off!
ECMS’ vision is for every child to realise their right to a strong foundation for lifelong success. ECMS exists to make every day count by providing high-quality, play-based learning in a safe and inclusive environment – ensuring that children and families in our community thrive in life. If your values align, and you have a passion for working with children, then ECMS is the place for you! ECMS has been operating for over 22 years and is one of Victoria’s largest Early Years Managers – through 63 kindergartens and child care centres, ECMS impacts the lives of 6500 Melbourne children each week.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher to join our team at Remus Way Preschool. We believe when children feel safe with a sense of belonging in their learning environment they will succeed in their learning journey, reaching their full potential. Family and wider community involvement is encouraged to create a strong sense of community.
This is a part time, ongoing position working in the 3YO and 4YO groups beginning in Term 1 2022 working 29.15 hours a week on a:
- Monday 8:00 - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 8:00 - 4:30pm
- Thursday 8:00 - 2:15pm
- Friday 8:00 - 2pm
What will you do?
- Develop a high-quality educational program for the 3/4-year-old program in consultation with children, families and Educators to achieve agreed outcomes for children
- Work collaboratively with Educators to implement an educational program driven by children's interests, underpinned by the Early Years Learning Framework, that aims to achieve their holistic development and facilitate a smooth transition to school
- Document the delivery of the educational program, children's interests and assessments of their learning and development needs
- Be a motivated and driven Educator, with a critical reflection lens, who will inspire staff to critically reflect on their pedagogical practice, share ideas and identify innovative ways of achieving positive outcomes for children
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
Essential criteria for an Early Childhood Teacher:
- A Bachelor in Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification
- Current VIT registration
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (004) and CPR (001) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm. Our purpose is to make every day count by providing high quality play-based learning in a safe and inclusive environment – ensuring that children and families in our community thrive in life.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now! Click the Apply button now!
Category: Kindergarten - Nominated Supervisor / Lead Educator
Date posted :