- Work in a brand new service!
- Close knit community
- Exciting opportunity to help support children in their early years
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Nominated Supervisor and Early Childhood Teacher to join at team at Woodland Kindergarten. This state-of-the-art new kindergarten is co-located with St Thomas More Primary School. At the heart of this facility is the belief that each child is a competent learner from birth. The kindergarten’s team of nurturing and experienced educators deliver high quality and inclusive three and four-year-old kindergarten programs that help each child realise their potential.
This is a dynamic leadership opportunity where you will have the opportunity to not only manage Woodland Early Learning Centre, however continue teaching the multi-age 3-4YO group. You will be responsible for creating a workplace with high standards that supports the operations of staff and compliance and supports the education of children. ECMS is an organisation that is committed to supporting your professional growth. We provide ongoing training and career development opportunities in pedagogy, business and staff management to support you.
This is a part time role working 25.5 hours a week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, beginning in January 2022.
What will you do?
- Build strong collaborative relationships with parents, families, Educators and the local community to provide an inclusive and enriching play-based learning program for children
- Be a pedagogical leader who can help strengthen a solid philosophy around the ECMS community values and beliefs
- Lead and support a team of Educators by providing constructive feedback and coaching to improve operational practice and values-driven behaviour
- Be a motivated and driven leader who will inspire a positive learning culture at an established centre
- Be supported by the Area Manager with the day-to-day operations and by Child Safety Compliance Advisors
- Contribute to a child safe environment ensuring standards are met on a daily basis
Essential criteria for a Nominated Supervisor:
- A Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Experience as a Nominated Supervisor and experience leading a large team and ability to develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Have a sound knowledge of and experience with implementing the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and Child Safety Standards
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing high quality and inclusive programs for children of all ages
- Current Working with Children Check/VIT and National Police Check
- Current Level 2 First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Certificate
- Experience with Qikkids and Story Park will be highly regarded
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting professional development opportunities including the annual conference for all ECMS staff, professional development days and development plans
- ECMS' Recognition of Outstanding Practice Awards to recognise staff and teams who have demonstrated an outstanding practice
- Access to a range of retail and recreational activities at significantly reduced rates via our fully sponsored Employee Benefits Program
- Funded First Aid (004) and CPR (001) training for staff
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Child safety is a fundamental aspect of all roles at ECMS. We promote the rights of all children to participate, have a purpose and be protected from harm.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
To begin a rewarding career with ECMS apply now! Applications close 5 December 2021.
Category: Kindergarten - Nominated Supervisor / Lead Educator
Date posted :